1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

Taz not getting paid, it's endemic to what has been going on in TNA for damn near a decade. It's nothing new, nothing we haven't heard a dozen times over, and we're going to continue hearing about it because that's how this company apparently chooses to do business.

The fact that TNA is still alive in any fashion is one of pro wrestling's greatest unsolved mysteries and a damn near miracle. But they CAN'T stay alive and will never grow unless somebody in corporate decides one day to get their shit together and actually run the business like a goddamn business professional. TNA is doomed unless something completely radical happens, and considering TNA's had opportunities to do so in the past and couldn't or wouldn't capitalize suggests that it's not going to happen.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I don't believe I get the network here, but Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore brand got picked up by The Fight Network recently, according to Dreamer's official FB page.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Since when do you refer to yourself in the third person? :)

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's his new gimmick. Look how well it turned out for The Rock.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's going on with Daniel Bryan? Apparently he was pulled from Raw and is questionable for Sunday's PPV because of "diagnostic testing."

His long-term health has been a major concern for a while now. Here's to hoping he's OK, whether he can wrestle again or not.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The rumors are he suffered a concussion and got pulled from the European tour. Given that he really hasn't toned down his moveset since he came back, it's not surprising. I think we've seen his peak and it's a shame because he could have been something really special and was for a couple of years. But all that time in the indy scene did a number on him IMO.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

B+

Note to the kiddies out there, if you're thinking about adding the diving headbutt to your arsenal ... don't.

And I'm sure getting into a headbutting war with Dolph Ziggler (also known for concussions) was a pretty smart idea.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  8. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

I hate to see him off screen, and I'm sure he hates the idea of it, but he might just need to take a good amount of time off to rest and repair. And if it comes to hit, I'd rather him retire than end up broken down and in the shape Kurt Angle is.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Harley Race has said he wishes he had never invented the move. Considering he's having a ton of health problems, he's right.

Not to mention, a couple other guys aren't or didn't do too well for doing that move. Namely, the Dynamite Kid, and that other guy who is no longer allowed to be mentioned.

Oh, and apparently, Rollins' curb stomp is being banned for concussion fears, which sucks, since it's such a great move. It's why he beat Ziggler with that DDT last night.

10. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

I heard the rounds on the move being banned, but damn I don't like this at all. The Knee strike doesn't have that impact like the Curb Stomp has when he does it, maybe the Phoenix Splash as his finisher now?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A whole lot more could go wrong from Neville's finisher than from Rollins'.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised they haven't banned all finishers that involve the head/neck area. I can see why they're doing away with the Curb Stomp, but it's such a great move when it's executed well.

Thought last night's Raw was pretty bad for a go-home show. The stuff with Kane was pretty funny, and Randy running around RKO'ing folks was done pretty well. But other areas fell flat.

Draft saved Draft deleted