1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Yeah, I caught the last 30 or so minutes I'm guessing a few months ago. Though I disagree with you about Miss Plaza's appeal and humor, I too found the movie unfunny.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Last I saw was God Bless America, written/directed by Bobcat Goldwaith and starring Joel Murray). Great dark comedy, with some spot-on social commentary earlier in the movie.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like her. I find her really funny.

But I've seen her in two bad movies.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Chinatown. Still relevant. Going to be interesting to see how this drought plays out.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I just watched it for about the 4th time the other day. Jack at his best.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Saw the documentary, Misery Loves Comedy...

Really enjoyable...

7. Sheik
    Documentary of the Iron Sheik. Delves into his history, but its done by the guys who handle his Twitter and social media stuff. Interesting and entertaining. You feel like those guys saved Sheik from himself by giving him something to do.

Predestination.
    What a great, trippy movie. James Franco and Sarah Snook, who's quite a cutie as a female and very Leo DiCarprio-looking as a man.
    Really enjoyed the layers of this movie. An Inception-type flic.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I love when they wrapped that Porsche around a tree in a big, burning mass. Oh, wait. (too soon?)

Vombatus likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Watched Interstellar the other night and it just missed being a good movie. The acting was solid, it looked great and the premise was definitely interesting. They took some time to develop the characters.

Unfortunately, it was at least 30 minutes too long and it got pretty far out there (no pun intended) in the final act. I feel like there's a good movie there somewhere, but Nolan didn't quite capture it.

Rusty Shackleford likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This was about Aubrey Plaza, by the way.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Inexplicable deus ex machina in third act ruined the movie for me.

Rusty Shackleford likes this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would agree with that. My wife would, too. I don't want to spoil the movie, but her reaction to that was priceless.

Draft saved Draft deleted