1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yeah, now watch Hamilton become the next Mike Napoli.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I read it as they might pay even less than that. The first report was out of $83m total, the Angels would pay $68m. Then the stuff about Hamilton taking a cut came out.

Basically the Rangers are getting him for about $4m per season. You'd take a chance on anyone for that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why? They are paying him peanuts and there is no way ownership was not in on this.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've watched some great pitching performances the last 35 years, and Pineda's goes on that list. Owned the Mets.

The Yankees blasted deGrom early so I was fading by the 7th but up to then Pineda threw 51 strikes on his first 61 pitches. Just about every pitch he threw was beautiful, and his slurves damning.

Also kind of amusing: Teixeira enters with 10 hits -- 9 for extra bases, including 5 homers. First 2 ABs last night were homers, so now he's at 12/11/7 with a .218 average and 1.006 OPS.

Mets had won 11 straight 4 other times, but never a 12th.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ESPN says Ventura suspended seven games. They earlier had another post saying Herrera two, Sale five, and a handful of others got something, but now their small blurb is just about Ventura.

ETA: OK here it is from MLB. Sale and Samardzija five, Volquez five, Herrera two, Cain two.

6 players suspended in Royals-White Sox fracas | MLB.com

Tangentially, I have given it enough time now to declare ESPN's new site sucks.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Herrera did this time to get two games, other than have a reputation. I'd think trying to take the fight into the clubhouse should have led to Sale missing more than one start.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Eaton should have gotten some sort of punishment. And I'm annoyed with the Herrera part because I don't know what he did, but I'm sure they have a good reason. But otherwise, can't argue with any of it.

8. Big Circus

Also, given that I bashed Passan after the A's series, I have to give credit for a good line:

@JeffPassan: Ventura lit the match that started it, but Samardzija was like Brick riding in on a horse with a trident.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The league obviously hates the Royals

10. Big Circus

Did you see the part where I agreed with the vast majority of the suspensions? And qualified one with "I'm sure he did something, we just don't know what yet"? Or is three sentences too taxing?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You aren't the only Royals fan who responded, BigCircus. Though to be fair, I think anything a Royals fan posts about the team at this point is going to get draw those type of responses now.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interesting that despite having arguably the worst lineup they've fielded in years (on paper), the Yankees have scored the second most runs in MLB and are tied for first in the AL East.

Draft saved Draft deleted