1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SE in Oregon

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Aug 20, 2014.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He still identifies himself as the Oregonian SE in his twitter bio.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A lot of really solid staffers at OCR were stunned when Sharon was hired back. Hopefully, this finishes him off. Totally irresponsible to post something like that into a serious, controversial situation.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

I think the online editor now runs sports in Portland. And Sharon has been an OC caricature for a long time.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not to be harsh, but this is a big problem in newspapers. Why would you bring someone back who wasn't that worthwhile the first time around? I've seen it happen many times, especially recently. Are managers that lazy or papers that cheap that they can't go through some resumes and interview some NEW faces? I know places don't want to pay moving expenses or fly people in for interviews much anymore, but don't just call the first person you know will take the job. Especially if you already know they suck.

5. Padre

Padre Member

there might be a joke in the Hamilton situation somewhere, but that's awful

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Seriously? You expect that kind of crap from talk radio or the other morons on Twitter. Someone in a "journalistic" position for the "hometown" paper? At a minimum, grounds for suspension.

Draft saved Draft deleted