1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Some ridiculous hockey today. The Islanders' victory was three periods of tension, and there already have been six goals scored in the Blackhawks-Predators game after one period. And Crow is back in net.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Screw hockey

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Caps fan, Moddy? If so, I understand the sentiment.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What did you expect?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Have faith.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Crawford good as new.

Different series with Webber, maybe. But them's the breaks.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Luck plays more a factor in hockey than any other sport.

There is so little difference in teams these days a bounce here a bounce there. I think Hawks win the cup, so bet on them losing next round.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Carlson got off easy yesterday.

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Think the Wild eliminate the Blues with ease today, probably a 3-0 or 4-0 score, and end the Ken Hitchcock era in St. Louis.

The shallow-pocketed owners will have a ton of decisions to make, too. They spent over their heads with the expectation of a deep playoff run, and they'll have to find money to pay UFA Tarasenko. Oshie has been invisible this series and makes big $$$$$. Gotta think they'll try to move him.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Can somebody who knows more about hockey than I do tell me why the Senators' goal didn't count? All I kept hearing was that it was a referee's "my bad." And don't they have replay for cases like that?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The ref thought Price had control of the puck (and I think Price thought so too) and blew the whistle. The goal was scored after the whistle.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ref lost sight of the puck, not reviewable. Very quick whistle, the ref knew it right away and looked mortified.

Draft saved Draft deleted