1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agudelo special?

2. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Much better than Wondo, the fat dude on my sundays league team is better than Wondo.

3. Webster

I really have to commend Boom on his level of dedication to this sock puppet.

4. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

We have a Wondo fan here?

Come on, my grandma would have put that one in, Wondo suck, period, so did Brad Davis, they were a waste of space.

Klinsmann should have been fired the minute he left Donovan out.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Disagree. Leaving Donovan off was a message that it was time to forget the past.

6. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

To think that Davies and Wondo made the cut, what a joke.

7. Webster

It was ok to do that, but to call him into the camp -- where apparently he did well enough to warrant a spot -- and then cut him, looked mean spirited and punitive for their prior history.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Portland v. Seattle has the best regular-season atmosphere in Amercian sports.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Race for Champions League spots is just about over thanks to Liverpool's loss at Hull on Tuesday. Man City and Arsenal can clinch with wins this weekend. Man U just needs 2 more wins in their last 4, or can sew it up this weekend with a win coupled with losses or draws by Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton.

10. Webster

Crazy how Liverpool has folded. That was a really good team for the stretch over the winter. I figured that Southampton couldn't keep it up, but Liverpool should have done better

Man United is vulnerable without Carrick and if Rooney is really hurt. But they only need 5 points from the last 4 games and their next two opponents (West Brom and Palace) have basically nothing to play for.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I do love the holiday season.

[​IMG]

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Montreal up 1-0 on Club America in the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions League final.

Draft saved Draft deleted