1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more aspartame in Diet Pepsi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What sucks about Diet Coke?

2. Dick Whitman

I care about my health. I exercise regularly. I don't eat fast food, other than Chipotle and Potbelly, if those can be called fast food.

I drink diet pop. Quite a bit of it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Of course as is typically the case on here, I never said anything remotely close to that.

I would say that people with a little bit of knowledge from things they have read typically are ridiculously confident to an unwarranted degree about what they think they have learned. This thread, and Dick's posts in particular, has been a study in itself of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Everything.

I'm honestly asking: What does "natural flavors" mean? I can't believe use of the word "flavors" sted "ingredients" is unintentional.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you really think pushing anything synthetic into your body is a good thing there's zero point to having this conversation. The caffiene alone results in dehydratiion. You're sounding like one of those 1950s cigarette commercials that say that eight out of 10 doctors recommend Camel cigarettes to the other brands.

6. MisterCreosote

The derision with which you refer to Google speaks for itself.

Most current and former journalists are more than capable of discerning what information is good and what is bad in most Internet searches. And how to find the most credible information.

7. Dick Whitman

I would debate you under the table of your choosing on any topic.

8. Dick Whitman

Why?

9. MisterCreosote

But, the tobacco is TOASTED!

[​IMG]

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The double negative at the bottom is confusing me. Are Luckies pro-cough?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I think it's just missing an "and". Protection against irritation and against cough. That's how I read it anyway. (THIS IS WHY YOU NEED EDITORS, LUCKY STRIKE!)

12. Dick Whitman

Fucking Draper.

Draft saved Draft deleted