1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First-world problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

AM/FM radio in the hotel room got unplugged and is now blinking.

Argh!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have seen firefighters go to the store in their truck and wondered why they need to haul groceries in that but figured they had to be ready to go on a call.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The firefighters on post always have their trucks postured for response when I see them at the gym in the afternoons and they're always carrying their radios.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have no problem with firefighters doing things like this. One minute, they could be buying groceries, and the next they could be hauling my fat ass out of a burning building/car. Carry on.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No shit. WTF? My buddy's a firefighter and he has said that they have had to leave carts of groceries behind several times to go on a call. Or left a restaurant in the middle of the meal or whatever. Have to be ready at the drop of a hat.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife just switched from Game 7 hockey to Married at First Sight. We're on the west coast so I can't pretend that I live and die by the Caps or Islanders to stop her from doing it.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Time to call Ray Rice for advice.

8. Spartan Squad

Hey let's not get carried away, now. It's only the first round. I think I want Paulie to talk to her first. He'll know just what to say to her. \CrossThread

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The credits at the end of movies that have lots of special effects and computer-generated stuff have gotten so lengthy that my under-exercised arm gets mighty tired when I shake my fist at them.

11. Spartan Squad

Why do you stay for the credits?

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's a long-standing tradition started by my wife.

(The practice of which, I believe, qualifies as another first-world problem.)

Draft saved Draft deleted