1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Veep and Silicon Valley are up there with the best hours comedy ever put on TV. Both hilarious and smart and perfectly paired with each other.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of the new Mad Men episodes, so I don't want to go on that thread, but does anyone know if they're viewable online?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My gosh, they killed McDreamy.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd give Veep that high praise. I watch Silicon Valley faithfully, but it's become quite predictable. There's no way they can recover from the latest catastrophe, and suddenly something beyond the realm happens that gets them back in control. And again. And again.

One pisses off Shonda at their own peril.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This looks good.

7. Anyone watching Yahoo Screen's Other Space?
    I watched four episodes last night. Not LOL funny, but entertaining.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the show in probably 7-8 seasons, but I was pretty stunned when I read that they killed him off. Like you said, one can only presume he pissed her off, because apparently he was under contract for at least 1-2 more seasons. I'm not sure how that all works, does he still get paid for that, or is it all based on how many episodes he appears in?

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Good question. I don't know.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Has anyone kept up with watching the new The Odd Couple? I'm finding I like Thomas Lennon as Felix much better than Matthew Perry as Oscar.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The problem is Perry is a natural Felix as an actor, not an Oscar. So you have two Felixes.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The fake reality show Barely Famous on VH-1 is pretty decent.

Draft saved Draft deleted