1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I followed Rich for 18 holes at TPC Avanel at the 2006 Booz Allen. Guy could easily become another McCord/Faherty.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I remember reading his book several years ago. It was very good.

3. Bud, Sweat and Tees?
    Yeah, I want to read that.
    BTW: Why does Shipnuck have two books with the Title Bud, Sweat and Tees?
    One's Beem's book. The other is about Martha Burk and the Masters.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was idly watching Fox Sports 1's US Open preview last night to see a few shots of Chambers Bay and Joe Buck couldn't stop talking about what a grueling walk the course was. It's a golf course, not the north face of the Eiger. Maybe Joe should try taking the stairs instead of the press box elevator at a few ballparks.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Love the new format for the Match Play. It's a lot of golf if you finish in the top four -- up to 126 holes over five days -- but match play is so goofy and quirky and fun to watch. Plus, Harding Park is a great addition after the boring track in Tucson the past few years, even though it's not the best course within a couple miles of its entrance (the awesome Olympic Club is next door).

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If it were stroke play, Jordan Spieth would be leading after three days. But in the magic of match play, he's on a private jet back to Texas.

But the talk is there was a HUGE dust-up between Keegan Bradley and Miguel Angel Jimenez in a match between two guys who were playing out the string after going 0-2.

Jimenez came over and interjected himself into a rules decision for Bradley getting relief -- with a rules official there helping to make sure Bradley got it right, which he did. But it ended up with Jimenez telling Bradley's caddie to "shut up." Bradley didn't take too kindly to that and let Jimenez know about it -- in front of cameras and microphones.

After the match, Golf Channel says they took it to the locker room and it was, um, "heated" and "not settled."

20 minutes into the postgame show and it's all about this huge dust-up and not about the golf. Crazy stuff.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Keegan's caddie handled that way better than I would have. I'm firing off all sorts of expletives and comments about the ponytail. MAJ showing his true colors - as a spoiled, pompous, entitled douche. F him and his faux persona everyone throws on him about being interesting just because he drinks wine and smokes cigars.

MileHigh and poindexter like this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

USGA is hosting its inaugural Four-Ball Championship this weekend at Olympic Fields, so it's in use.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Olympic Fields is in Illinois.
    Olympic Club is not.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

That'll be a ticket too good to pass up if Keegan Bradley ever plays in another Ryder Cup in Europe.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Olympic Club, that's what I meant.

Draft saved Draft deleted