1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

This sounds like a really good time to show something like this with Reigns slowly winning people over with his in-ring performances, I think this will add some depth to his personality and he's always come off better in sit down interviews and relaxed environments rather than cutting a scripted promo with a live mic. I don't know how many people caught the Hideo Itami @ Wrestlemania story but I thought it did wonders for him in terms of getting the fans to connect with the guy, and I'm really looking forward to this tomorrow.

2. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Well, we've got the Shield three-way (plus one) for the title people have wanted.

4. nietsroob17

Never thought I'd see someone get a greater pop than Bret Hart in a Canadian arena.

What a show for Sami Zayn, particularly if he legitimately popped the shoulder out of the socket.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Knew it was coming because of Twitter but still marked out a little for Sami because the crowd reaction was so good. Perfect spot for Montreal, great match.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was a really good Raw. Liked Cena's promo (especially the jab at the guy in the Nordiques jersey) and the match with Zayn was excellent. So was Rollins-Ambrose, and even Kane's agitation of Rollins. Part of me wishes he would've kept adding people to the title match at Payback.
    Was working, so didn't see any of Reigns-Orton, but I'm sure it was fine.
    Amazing that, a year or so ago, people were complaining about the Shield guys being misused. Now here they are headlining a PPV in a match for the championship that one of them holds.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The way Cena managed to flip that crowd, even before Hart and Zayn came out, that was just stunning. That was probably some of the best promo work I've seen him do.

8. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

I thought this was a pretty good episode of Raw. Much better than most recent episodes and didn't feel like a chore to watch.

Hope Zayn is ok, shoulder issue didn't look scripted.

Cesaro and Kidd were impressive (mostly Cesaro)

I don't mind the booking of Neville, as long as it goes somewhere. Ambrose was in this funk where he was booked "strong" every week and never won a match. like ever. He lost every single PPV match for almost 2 full years and won only a gimmick Tribute to the Troops match against Wyatt among his last few feuds. They can book Neville as "strong" as they want, and hope that he can stay as over as Ambrose, or they can do something positive with him (not saying that they aren't, I'm just pessimistic)

Rollins vs. Ambrose was awesome. I don't like that J&J run in in almost every damn match, but it was fine that Ambrose used it against them.

Too much Kane again. He's not bad in this role, but I don't need to see him 6 times and watch him basically flip flop from heel to face every time we see him.

Ryback's promo seemed to turn the crowd pretty well? I liked it.

I think Cole legit forgot Tamina's name. Either that or he thought he could wait for the camera to get a good shot of her face before he said it, and JBL was like "this is stupid" (which is completely possible)

Always good to see Bret, and I liked the Cena/Zayn match.

Well, at least New Day didn't lose. I can't see a good reason for that match anyways though. Reigns and Orton had a big time match last Summerslam, and are opponents in two weeks. Because they are both babyfaces now, I guess WWE logic is they wouldn't fight each other unless there is recent animosity? I have no idea.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Love seeing Dean Ambrose getting into the title match. Maybe next week they can give him some actual mic time. He talks circles around Reigns and Orton. Tell them to STFU for a week.

I didn't watch the entire show, but am looking forward to seeing Sami Zayn again. I don't get NXT, so I only remember him from ROH, where I mostly liked his work. Hope the injury isn't too bad. Seems reminiscent of Eddie Guerrero getting injured in his Raw debute.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a Dean Ambrose heel turn coming up.

11. nietsroob17

Looking at the replay, I think Sami may have messed his shoulder up on his entrance, when he was pumping the crowd up for the steps. Could see him favoring the left shoulder afterwards.

And it'll be an interesting dynamic to see Ambrose and Reigns against each other as allies.

12. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

The rating did it's worst number in 5 months so Vince could panic, swap things around and we'll be back to 20 minute Triple H/Steph promos next week which would be frustrating because really that number reflects how bad past shows have been, not this week's.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted