1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Cobain documentary trailer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 12, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

She was what, 2 when he died?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I liked it. Might not have added an incredible amount of insight but it certainly cemented that he was one messed up dude. Why was he messed up? Who knows. His family might not have given tons of insight, but they seemed to be pretty out of it too (or that's at least how they portrayed it) or didn't want to go further. His sister seemed to give the best insight. Could have talked to her more. I also like the drawings and notes and even home movies. Further showed how off the charts he was but also how his mind worked.

I will agree it's a travesty they didn't talk to Grohl. Nirvana had a total of three people in it. Doesn't seem too hard to talk to all two of the living members, schedules or not. Not like movies, even documentaries, are shot in a day. I imagine he would have added a few things.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, his drawings and notebooks were incredibly interesting... Also, having that much home video footage of someone who lived during that time has to be pretty rare.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted