1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right. That's on you then.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

3. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Criticism for what?"

"Uh ... actually I don't know."

What a fucker. You know the criticism is on Twitter, because you've read it, then you fucking bow out of the question like that? Douchebag. You have a question like that? Ask it, in full, or answer Steph when he asked you criticism for what. Finish the question, finish the thought, or don't even fucking go there.

Gutter, SnarkShark and Riptide like this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was pretty weak.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Didn't one of the sheep, I mean beat writers say, "For being too cute"

7. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

This one is pretty simple. If the child goes up there and doesn't utter a sound, it's fine. If the child is active, like Steph's kid, child must be taken away. This is a work environment. Not being stodgy here. Fans take playoffs seriously and media are writing/blabbering at the mouth for entertainment of the fans.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Will James Franklin bring the hot moms of recruits in front of his microphone?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. A recommendation: Listen to Windhorst's most recent appearance on The Lowe Post podcast on the ESPN Radio app.

Lowe opens up asking him about "the elephant in the room" and lets Windhorst speak his peace for several minutes. It's a pretty thorough explanation. And, as the topic-starter here, I would characterize Windhorst (can't speak for Skip Bayless and the other few media members who spoke out) as being displeased but not angry.

Windhorst essentially said media aviliablity is limited. People want to hear from players. Children being there changes the atmosphere. But it's OK if it's celebrating a Finals win, All-Star Weekend or other "family-oriented" events/games.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I tried to cover a house fire once, but it was awful. I couldn't concentrate with all of the sirens. Didn't they know I had a job to do?

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted