1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Finally saw "Beasts of the Southern Wild". What a strange, beautiful, wonderful movie with probably the best performance by a child actor I have ever seen.

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Beasts of the Southern Wild was fantastic. Agreed.

I finally watched The Fault in Our Stars and enjoyed it. Good performances from the cast and, while it was very predictable, it was also an enjoyable and emotional film.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In a weird two day stretch I watched The new Mad Max, Goonies (for the first time) and Tomorrowland.

Mad Max is incredible. Just non stop from beginning to end. I was really pumped for Tomorrowland and I liked it okay but it did have some story issues. Goonies *shrug* I could have gone my whole life and not seen it and been fine.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny watching the ads for "Entourage" - you'd almost think it was a Mark Wahlberg movie instead of him being in just one scene.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

From TCM and 1946, The Stranger. Pretty good thriller with Orson Welles, who plays a Nazi war criminal being hunted by Mr. Wilson, played by Edward Robinson.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

A Walk to Remember - Mandy Moore as the wholesome Christian teenager who falls for a bad boy. Got sucked in to watching because of my wife, can't say I liked it bud sort of entertained on a dreary evening. Just when I think, eh, not so bad, they have Moore die of cancer. WTF?

Religious movie with redemption theme* which I generally do not like but still sad to see Mandy Moore die.

If I want redemption Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant is more my speed.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

A Walk To Remember is a dreadful film. Nicholas Sparks adaptation at its worst.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You do know the whole show is based (loosely) off his own life? The show was such a success that some of the people the characters were based on are now (somewhat) famous in their own right.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Based on Friday's Box Office projections, Tomorrowland barely beat Pitch Perfect 2.

I don't know if I've ever been more stunned by how a movie did at the box office than by how Pitch Perfect 2 has done. It's over $100 million already in less than two weeks. That's insane.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know that, I just find it interesting how much Wahlberg is featured in the promos rather than the lead characters. It will be interesting to see how it fares. It might be one of those buzz-heavy, low audience things and slink out of town. Or be the Sex and the City movie and do $400 million.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Tomorrowland with Mrs. Novelist yesterday. I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it did lack something. I will say there were a number of things that were reminiscent of The Incredibles, which was kind of fun.

Side note: I'd like to see a sequel to The Incredibles.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Is there really a big audience for Entourage? I can't imagine it really appeals to anyone other than fans of the show. I've even seen it described as basically three or four episodes put together into a movie. Sex and the City seemed to be a bit more far reaching. I would be surprised if it does well. That said, as someone who enjoyed the show even to the end, I want to see it. And I think it looks OK!

Draft saved Draft deleted