1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah there's a storm on the loose, sirens in my head ...

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The next time I cover a prominent figure's funeral, I hope someone tells the grieving relatives that I have a job to do and they should know to not cry so loud.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They laugh at your meager plans, MC.

[​IMG]

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're not at a funeral, and you're not covering a fire when you're at a press conference. Dismiss the concern at your leisure, but asinine similes don't sell your point.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Seriously?

6. MisterCreosote

An athlete is under no more obligation to make your job easier than a firefighter or a funeral-goer is.

You're supposed to chronicle what happens, not shape it. Especially with dipshittery like in the above video.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, I know you're not going to present that to a 7-year-old, so that was fairly useless.

9. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

You're in turbo mode when you're trying to meet a deadline. If I were subjected to a Riley Curry occurrence, I'd simply incorporate her insight into my story and move on instead of lamenting how press conferences should be "all business." Riley made great, unexpected theatre, becoming part of the Golden State Warriors' joyride, when she did her thing in the NBA's Western Conference Finals press conference, and a journalist would be short-sighted not to mention it.

10. MisterCreosote

I work at Home Depot. One of my customers the other day brought his daughter with him while shopping for a new grill. The little girl made it very hard for him to focus, thus making it very hard for me to make the sale.

Therefore, customers should leave their children at home when shopping at Home Depot.

11. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

This is also more fun than plastering stories abroad about Adrian Peterson's antics with his child ...

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most times, no. But organized news conferences, with players and coaches brought in to a table to answer questions for a set amount of time, most certainly are an obligation. They aren't all doing this every single playoff game by their own choice out of sheer chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted