1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 5 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 13, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Knew that was coming with Cersei, but still fun to watch.

Not as much as Bronn and the Sand Snake, but fun.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh I am relishing in her comeuppance. Even if she miraculously survives, I am loving seeing her in jail.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Cersei and Danaerys have both played mother to the leader of the human resistance, John Connor.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So is this now "GoT: Orange is the New Black [Cells]"?

5. outofplace

So tempted to comment on this, but I'm fairly certain they are going to follow the books on this one, so I will not.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What happens to Cersei has already leaked since filming the scene became a news story.

On another note, I get what they are going for but watching a television show lit by candlelight makes for a painfully dark show.

I was watching in high-def and couldn't tell what was going on half the time. You have professional lights, use them.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Spoilers on this site will result in a flaying!

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: spartan squad is a bolton

9. outofplace

Jay, I know it leaked already, but that doesn't mean we have to spoil it here.

10. cyclingwriter2

as per the last episode...a little too much deus ex machina for my tastes....ie. Jon's wolf saving Sam (why isn't the wolf with Jon?), Tyrion beating up a guard, Tyrion being able to break his chains so easily, Bronn's poisoning and then immediate cure.

11. outofplace

The bit with Bronn being poisoned and cured was a bit silly, but it seems to me it was meant to inject some fun into the story. It was no shock that he was poisoned. A few of us figured it out after the previous episode.

I agree regarding the wolf showing up to save Sam. That seemed to come from nowhere.

12. cyclingwriter2

Im wondering if it will be part of something bigger down tbe road....ie they are going to use bronn as a pawn in some way to get the lannisters

Draft saved Draft deleted