1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear dimwit on the phone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Did you ask how much the "signing" cost to the checking account ;)

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All so true. Like the email I got earlier this week from a tennis coach (yep, the same tennis coach who wouldn't give me results for fear of revealing his lineup) nominating his No. 4 player as an all-County MVP candidate. Uh, coach, if he's that good, why do you have him at No. 4?

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ahhh, pay-to-play junior hockey. Only the best for sweetums.

NathanFournier87 likes this.
  4. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

I can't even make up stuff like this:

"Hey you guys are kinda racist claiming that cable's on TV. [Local baseball team] and NBA haven't been on TV in twelve years. TV's televised. Cable's Klu Klux Klan, dude. There's advertising that pay for it. What are you guys doing promoting cable as TV? Try to get some editors in there that aren't white Klu Klux Klan people. It's not 1815 anymore. Thank you."

MonsterLobster and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Sir, you are an idiot. We are canceling your subscription to our newspaper."

KYSportsWriter and sgreenwell like this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, everyone knows Brian Williams was covering the Battle of New Orleans.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Dear moron fans of low-level minor league hockey:
    You're idiots and sheep.

*Team posts bland quote from other team's captain about how they "won't be intimidated by the team, the rink, the fans," and morons are eating it up like he threatened to take out someone's eye like Dr. Tim McCracken*

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Devil's advocate - depending on how your state does tennis, the bottom half of the roster is the most important. In RI we have four singles players and three doubles teams, so sometimes the most valuable guys on the roster are the No. 4 and No. 3. singles guys. I covered one team where the No. 1's job was to just be the No. 1 and get crushed every match, but the Nos. 2 won almost every match and 3 and 4 I think went undefeated. When I played in HS I was the most valuable at No. 3 because my point was a lock. I couldn't beat the two guys ahead of me, but I beat everyone else (until I got to the playoffs and puked all over myself.)

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Same guy has called perhaps 6 of the last 10 Sunday mornings bitching about the same thing each time. Never leaves a call-back number. That is tiresome.

10. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Does he ever complain that no one's there to take his call?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I don't think he really wants to listen to anybody, I think he just wants to rant.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Point taken. And I know better than to put my problems with the coach into the equation. But in looking at the brackets for regionals and Sectionals, hard to justify a No. 4 player who didn't move beyond league finals.

Draft saved Draft deleted