1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com News Fellowship

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 25, 2015.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

which seems like another word for internship. It is paid, there are four slots I'm told and it is a very good opportunity even given the fact that you may have to work with me some

Time Inc. - Job details

Deadline is the end of next week so don't delay if this does interest you.

2. Adam Hermann

Adam Hermann New Member

I checked the listing out, and I'm definitely interested. One question: when does it begin?

3. Moderator1

Excellent question and I'm checking to get an answer for you. I believe later this summer but will let you know what I find out.

4. Moderator1

Yeah - early July. If a really good candidate has a need to start a little later (finishing a class, doing another internship, whatever), they will consider a later start.

5. Donnell Suggs

Donnell Suggs New Member

There should definitely be consideration for experienced writers not just "college kids".

6. Adam Hermann

Adam Hermann New Member

Thanks for the answers!

7. jsimp

jsimp Member

Yes, I was curious if experienced writers or recent college graduates that have been out for over 1 year would qualify for this internship?

8. Thomas Romanelli

Thomas Romanelli New Member

I graduated May 9th. I spent my college years writing for two newspapers, one a weekly paper and the other a daily, and I spent a year interning with Pinstripesplus magazine/website covering the, at the time, Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees (AAA). Is this enough experience to consider applying? I am extremely interested.

9. Moderator1

There is, but make sure you punctuate correctly when you apply. That kind of stuff is important, even on a message board.

As for Thomas Romanelli's question, definitely submit an application. Soon.

10. Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson New Member

Any idea how many have applied for this? Just submitted my information.

11. Florida_Man

Florida_Man Member

Just sent my application in. Really hoping I hear back on this.

12. Thomas Romanelli

Thomas Romanelli New Member

I submitted my application with my essay. I would love to get this position!

Draft saved Draft deleted