1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One is in the works. Not sure when it is scheduled for release. IMDB has it in 2016, but last I read, Brad Bird was still writing the script.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Beware the marketing power of 10-13 year old girls.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

FINALLY got around to viewing "Casablanca." Normally, I find Bogart just creepy. Was good in this, tho.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's funny. The first time I saw the preview, the person I was with remarked about how much they had of Turtle in the preview.

I can't imagine that it would come close to doing Sex and the City business, because I don't think Entourage does that well with women. I'm guessing it makes between $70-$80 million. The first Sex and the City did $150 million in the states. I could see Entourage doing decent business overseas.

5. RecoveringJournalist

I know the first one falls a bit into the "cult film" category. I've never seen it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Little OOP loved the first one. It wasn't the worst thing I've had to sit through because she wanted to see it, but I certainly wasn't unhappy when her mom offered to take her to see the new one.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. RecoveringJournalist

Considering how long it usually takes for those to get made, I'm guessing 2018-19 is more realistic. It might be my favorite of the Pixar movies.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Goonies is one of those movies you want to like (maybe because it had a team of director Richard Donner and writers Chris Columbus and Spielberg) but it just didn't work for me, either.

Tommorwland had some much head-scratching stuff in it, it ruined the filme for me.

Really want to see Mad Max. Both my kids have seen it already. Doubt I can drag the Mrs.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Watched St. Vincent on Amazon. It might be my favorite movie of 2014.

I was a big proponent of Michael Keaton-for-best-actor-Oscar...but, man, did Bill Murray really shine. He was robbed!

SFIND likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

American Sniper. Meh.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Swingline is a effete Hollywood elite.

OTOH I've been binge watching TCM's war movies, many of which were made during WWII, using bits and pieces of actual combat footage. It's fascinating to watch because pretty much the same characters show up, and they all face the same problems at home and at war.

How many wise-cracking, tough-as-nails but dumb-as-dirt soldiers did Brooklyn produce -- 5o million?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They passed as ethnic and diverse in the 1940s.

Draft saved Draft deleted