1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Small engine repair is gay and boring!

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

C'mon, now. You're Vombatus.
    Ask them how they clean their masturbator.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Up to $2.59 today, from a Jan. low of $1.69. So, demand is low, supply is high, the cost of the primary ingredient is at a 16-year low... Makes perfect sense that gas prices would rise more than 50%...

Somebody somewhere in the oil supply chain has gone from wealthy to Trump over the past 2 months.

4. Brian Sandalow

Brian Sandalow New Member

$3.09 in Chicago.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

On my morning commute today I noticed half a dozen stations or so had hiked prices about 25 cents per gallon. Very odd: $2.55 at one station and $2.32 across the street.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That somebody is Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam:

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam Is New Billionaire, Richest Politician In America - Forbes

7. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Another jump in price. This time it's 10 cents a gallon. The low price is now $289.9 a gallon in Dupage County Illinois (western suburbs of Chicago). That's a 60 cent a gallon increase in a two week time span and a 98 cents a gallon rise from it's low in early February.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just dropped a dime to $2.49, so that's two dips in the last week. Still 64 cents to go to match the January low of $1.85.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Back to dropping here. Lowest I've seen today is $2.08, while it was in the $2.19 range over the weekend.

10. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Last Tuesday the price was $2.729 per gallon at my benchmark gas station. Today at 2:30pm, unleaded was $2.879 a gallon as they bumped it on Wednesday for the holiday weekend. I just drove by it again and it's now been raised to $3.259. Bastards raised it 15 cents for the Memorial Day weekend and then another 38 cents AFTER the holiday weekend. All of this as oil prices drop as the dollar strengthens. Hope there's a special place in hell for oil executives.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've often wondered, prior to taking a week long work trip, should I fill up my car before I go, or wait for prices to possibly be lower when I get back?

Anyway, I've never gotten around to it, until today, but I have wanted to see charts on current price trends. And the gasbuddy website lets you see that:

Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com - GasBuddy.com

Anyway, you can customize that, and pick your local major city to compare to the US average. You can also plot crude oil prices on top of the gas prices (different scales of course), and yep, sure enough, you can see how a jump up in crude is quickly followed by a spike at the pump, but the other way around goes quite a bit more SLOWLY....

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is almost a daily visit for me. Not as frequently as in the days of the big spikes, but it's there.

Draft saved Draft deleted