1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance Football Camp Coverage. 7 openings in 6 states Still Open

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Al Pops, May 20, 2015.

1. Al Pops

Al Pops New Member

Hey Guys,

My name is Al "Pops" Popadines and I'm the National Scouting Director for Youth1.com--we are a site that covers the top middle school athletes in the country. Think of a Rivals.com but for covering middle school kids. We are based in NJ & admittedly traveling across the country for camps gets to be expensive; So the president of our company OK'd the ability to find freelancers for the events that we need coverage for.

Obviously I can give more detail once someone is interested or wants it. But to keep it short, it's $150 for the weekend's work. There are only about 8 hours of on-site time required. I can send an itinerary when someone says they are interested. I will go with the a first come, first serve mentality on filling the positions.

This is not a heavy writing job at all, just need responsible people to get the work done and report back with the information. It's a competitive camp with former NFL guys doing the coaching and the athletes should also be very good. Just need responsible journalists to cover the events. No hotel will be provided so please make sure you're local enough to the location.

Following dates/markets:

6/6-6/7 - Concord, CA (No. Cal area)
    6/20 - 6/21 - Greenwood Village, CO (Denver area)
    6/20 - 6/21 - Buena Park, CA (So. Cal area)
    6/27 - 6/28 - Woodbury, MN (Twin Cities area)
    6/27 - 6/28 - Lafayette, LA
    7/11 - 7/12 - Dublin, OH (Columbus area)
    7/11 - 7/12 - Westwood, Mass (Boston area)

**If you're interested or have any questions about a specific came date or time, please email apopadines@youth1.com.

2. Long Snapper

Long Snapper New Member

check your email, I can cover Westwood

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Middle school kids, huh? So the 'hot-mom quotient' is probably a little higher then even 'JV football moms'.

4. Al Pops

Al Pops New Member

Very original joke, spikechiquet. Haven't heard that one before. Hope that made your weekend!

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Nope. But you made it very obvious how new you are to this board if you respond that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted