1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

The one thing Rod has is his alliance with Carolyn and Tyler. Sierra was pretty much a floater. That could definitely hurt her.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As unlikable as he is, I'd probably vote for Rodney over Sierra in a final three with Will. If Mike or Carolyn are there, they win it. Rodney made the move that turned the Blues against Mike, and somehow he was able to keep Sierra on board with him and Dan, despite the fact that she basically despises them both. Sierra has been presented with several chances to make a move and has not yet made a single big play.

Mike has really been a helluva player. The way he pointed out Dan and Rodney laying around to Sierra and Carolyn was just outstanding gameplay and it likely saved Carolyn's ass (which might not be the best thing for Mike).

I don't think it's possible that Mike and Carolyn go to the final three together, but it would make for an interesting vote. I'd probably give my vote to Mike, but I'd have to think about it. Carolyn has quietly played an excellent game. Looking forward to tomorrow's finale.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was a good season.

4. bigpern23

Agreed. Some of the game play was really off-the-charts good. There were some terrific blindsides, crazy tribal councils and lots of unpredictability from week to week. There weren't many likable players, which holds it back from being among the best, but in the end, the right player won and it was an enjoyable ride.

The final tribal council was pretty weak. It seemed like several players were trying to deliver a Sue Hawk-type memorable moment and they all failed. Joe didn't even ask a question, Shirin said Mike's protectiveness was a "Million-dollar move," but then followed it by saying he still hadn't secured her vote, Dan was, well, Dan. Also, did I miss it, or did they not give the three players a chance to make their case with an opening or closing statement? I thought that was odd.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The right person won. My biggest complaint all season was that there was no one to root for, but it was pretty easy to root for Mike the last few weeks.

I liked the, "You won five immunity challenges, but what else did you do?" question.

I like Shirin a lot more now than I did when she was in the game. She was great during the jury questions.

6. bigpern23

Just read EW.com's coverage and apparently the final three did deliver opening statements but, because of the questions that were asked, it got redundant, so they cut the statements.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Loved how Probst called Dan a liar at the reunion. It was a message to future players that if they badmouth the show or the editing, they will be called out.

8. bigpern23

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. I liked how Probst warned the audience that "this is boring, it's one camera" but showed it anyway, just to shoot down Dan's defense. He said in the Q&A that, had Dan simply apologized and owned up to it right away, they wouldn't have shown the footage, but since he again claimed to have been the victim of a bad edit that took the joke out of context, he had to show it to defend the show.

Rodney's reunion suit was awesome. So were Sierra's new boobs.

I hope they don't select the next cast in future reunion episodes. They ran out of time and we didn't get to hear from most of this season's cast because they spent so long on Will and Dan.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I hope they continue to do that.

10. bigpern23

I like the opening statements because I like to hear players make their case for why they should be sole survivor, but I understand cutting them out if they're redundant with the answers to questions. It seemed like an especially weak crop of questions this season anyway, so I'm not surprised that they just covered the same territory already tread in the opening statements.

Also, I didn't like Shirin's analogy of Will as a "dead fish." He struck me as more of a dead seal. :D
    [​IMG]

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Moment of the night: Dan shouting "Get wood, get wood" during the fire challenge. The right person won. Liked the final challenge. If I were in the final three, I'd always close by asking the jury to imagine themselves in the final three and ask them to vote how they would want to be treated if they were up there.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Finally watched the finale. Had Mike lost, I might have given up on the show. There is no way he wasn't the clear-cut best player. Some other thoughts: Is Birthday Boy Rodney the biggest douche bag in the history of the show? The guy acted like he was a great player who was in control but he was a terrible player. I guess he gets some credit for getting so far but even at the end he acted as if he was in control. Then he votes for Will, perhaps the worst player in the game? Carolyn certainly cleaned up nicely at the reunion. I did miss Jiggly Jenn in the last few weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted