1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So Ric Flair is actually this guy?
    Mind. Blown.

][​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's as close as he ever came to getting a singles title. Holding it for his friend.

Gutter likes this.
  3. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

When I found out who The Disciple actually was, my mind actually was blown.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

SO ARE JUST GOING TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT DEAN AMBROSE MURDERED FIVE COPS AND STOLE A PADDY WAGON?!?!?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

#LunaticLivesMatter

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ring of Honor coming to Destination America ... starting next Wednesday.

Last one out at TNA turn off the lights. (We're looking at you, Eric Young.)

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They did a damn good job disguising him as the Disciple. I had no clue it was Brutus until well after WCW died.

This is damn good news for ROH, even if Destination America doesn't have too big of a reach.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That whole segment bothered me, and I'm not talking about Ambrose returning to the arena wearing some cop's head as a hat.
    They were in Nassau County, which is about 30 miles from New York City. So why was it an NYPD paddy wagon? The police departments in Uniondale and Nassau County didn't have one they could use?

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wow. On one hand, it kind of establishes a firm "wrestling night" on Destination America, so maybe TNA benefits by getting more eyeballs on the product. On the other though, I don't think TNA benefits by a side-by-side comparison to ROH.

10. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

@Gutter If Cena wins it is going to be such a poor booking decision. Even so this will be awesome. Man the Chamber card is great.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Why should Owens win? What's the upside? What's the next program? Is he staying up? Is he feuding with Ambrose next after Dean wins the title, because that's the only other place to go that's higher on the card if he beats Cena in his first match. Continuing his feud with Cena and ultimately losing?

If Russev and Wyatt didn't beat Cena I don't see how it's good booking to have Owens go over.

Gutter likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My counter would be to look at where Rusev and Wyatt are - They weren't booked to win over Cena, and they're now in that ambiguous midcard. Would Wyatt's program with the Undertaker have been better if he had gotten the better of Cena more? Would Rusev be doing a split-up angle with Lana already if he had come out of the Cena program the victor?

I think I said this a couple months ago - In isolation, all the decisions when it comes to Cena's booking are fine. But when you look at the past couple years in totality, Lesnar has been the only guy to consistent hurt him, and I'm not even sure how much he needed that squash match win. (It was a fun moment, absolutely, but he already had a clean win over Taker at Mania.)

Ric Flair likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted