1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Prediction: Rangers win at home and Blackhawks win in Anaheim, handing Ducks their third Game 7 loss at home in three years.

I hope I'm wrong, because I have a ticket waiting for me for a finals game in Anaheim.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I guess that is conclusive. But I still don't think goalie interference is reviewable, probably will be next season. Those calls are so difficult. What if Silfverberg is skating by and is clear of Crawford, then Crawford reaches his glove out to try to catch the puck and it bumps Silfverberg?? Not saying that happened here, but what if?? So much gray area in these calls. And usually the forward is pushed into the goalie and the refs never see that.
    I was looking at the statsheet a little while ago and the stats certainly don't reflect the game. The Ducks had advantages in everything except faceoff percentage. I think they will regain the edge in that department in Game 7 and they will win. The worst part about this whole situation is that we will now have three days of Ducks' Game 7 failures hammered into us.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to try to figure out what is going to happen on Saturday night. It's futile. Every game has been so much different than the last. Two outstanding teams are very evenly matched, with one game left between them. Anything can happen.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I would guess that goal was allowed to stand because it was incidental contact made while Silfverberg was outside the crease.

5. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Home team less than 5 minutes away from seeing it's perfect home Game 7 streak come to an end.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Razor time for the Rangers.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lundqvist put on a heckuva show. Too bad his teammates didn't give him some support.

9. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Who's feeling the hurt more - the Rangers, their fan base or NBC & the NHL?

NBC/NHL had to be hoping for a NY/CHI or a NY/ANA series. Had a chance to have the #1 & #2/#3 TV markets in the Final. NY & LA TV markets or NY & CHI - Original Six teams #1 TV market and probably the most marketable US-based team which has drawn very high Chicago TV ratings when the Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup Final. Now they have the #13 TV market as one of the teams.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why would the Rangers and their fans have hurt feelings? Seeing your team lose a game 7 sucks as a fan, but it's not like anyone was left with the feeling that they outplayed Tampa and still came up a loser. Tampa outplayed them and deserved that win.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This. With a few exceptions, notably the third period of Game 6, Tampa was a better team than the Rangers throughout the series.

And any hockey snobs who decide not to watch the Lightning in the Finals because they happen play in Florida will miss out on watching a very good, very complete hockey team. They're for real.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes, the Lightning have a lot of young talent and a very good goaltender. They'll be around a while. And no idea what to expect tonight. The Ducks have seemed to me to be the better team throughout, but the Blackhawks stars almost always get it done. Glad I don't have to bet, but if I did I'd go Blackhawks.

Draft saved Draft deleted