1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Motorcycle riders died doing what they love, says newspaper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

When I go, I hope I go Rockefeller style.

2. Doc Holliday

3. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

At least it's being edited

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One thing we have learned, if you only do things you dislike, you could live forever.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As for motorcycles, I have seen them pass between cars while hugging the white stripe in eight-lane highways.

That doesn't seem like a recipe for a long life.

6. Doc Holliday

I've ridden a few times. Fun as hell. Scary as hell, too. The adrenaline from riding is addicting. That's why I decided not to buy a bike. I'd like to live a while.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Those Can Am Spyders (trikes) look pretty fun and maybe safer. But man, even used ones are over $20K.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, every day I read the paper it seems there is another brief about someone dying in a motorcycle crash. Every day.
    I hope my nephews never get into that. All it takes is one mistake, and it doesn't have to be you who makes it.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As far as dying doing what they loved .... seems to me if you are determined to use the cliche, it should be for something dangerous or thrillseeking -- stunt planes, mountain climbing, skydiving, people with pacemakers engaging with trolls on the internet, etc.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Looks kinda wimpy, though, when a macho biker dude is riding around on a trike, don't you think?

11. Doc Holliday

The one thing I will say about 99 percent of bikers is they don't care if you're on a Harley, a trike or a Honda Elite scooter. They'll accept you either way simply because you ride. Bikers are cool like that.

Bikers understand that the more people who ride, the more knowledge there is about motorcycles and riding, thus the roads become safer.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's always been a wink-and-a-nod legal in California...but it's on the verge of being written into the DMV manual.

Lane-splitting bill moves closer to becoming law - LA Times

Draft saved Draft deleted