1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former high school wrestling coach indicted in Illinois

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, May 29, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, there is the trifling matter of the guy being a high school student at the time.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Details, details!

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No wonder he worked so hard to cover up Mark Foley's page diddling.

cranberry likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Another conservative heterosexual white Christian male. Thug?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No, just a hypocrite. As they all are.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From Lawrence O'Donnell in 2006:

Who is Scott Palmer? | Lawrence O'Donnell

There are plenty of odd couple Congressmen who have roomed together on Capitol Hill, but I have never heard of a chief of staff who rooms with his boss. It is beyond unusual. But it must have its advantages. Anything they forget to tell each other at the office, they have until bedtime to catch up on. And then there's breakfast for anything they forgot to tell each other before falling asleep. And then there's all day at the office. Hastert and Palmer are together more than any other co-workers in the Congress.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's interesting that the LA Times quotes a person saying "it was for sex" and the NY Times is saying he "molested" a kid. To me, the LAT's initial piece seemed to imply some kind of gay relationship (they've since walked it back), where as the NY Times is saying it was more of a Josh Duggar thing, with inappropriate touching, fondling, etc.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was Palmer who was also accused of stonewalling the House ethics panel about the Foley scandal.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

He was House speaker right around the time when the evangies had the party by the nuts, like the tea party does now, and he was all the willing to play ball with them. Par for the course.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Two things I wonder about Hastert.

1. How many more victums come forward.

2. Hastert married a fellow school teacher. His professional career was 25 years in politics and 16 years at the school, But in his financial disclosure statements in Congress said he had betweeen 4.5 million and 6.3 million dollars in real estate investments. Hastert said he started his mini empire fixing up houses on summer breaks in his hometown. I wonder where his money really came from.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Here's one of the houses he fixed up.
    [​IMG]

Double Down and Riptide like this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I heard it was from cattle futures.

Draft saved Draft deleted