1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Two episodes into VEEP.
    Does the show become funny? Because, I'm not seeing it, yet.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You're watching the first season? I remember it being a bit uneven early on. But it is a damn funny show.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Veep is tremendous.

4. Yeah, the first season is on Prime.
    I got through two episodes. Didn't laugh much.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Aquarius seemed to drag at times. Love Duchovny but the premiere was very "meh."

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It was somewhat interesting. I'll give it another chance. I'm having a hard time, though, looking at Charlie Manson and seeing the lead singer for Kings Of Leon.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I liked it. It's a little slower than one might expect, but I really like Duchovny and I've always been fascinated with the Manson case, so it held my interest.

NBC has the entire season available on demand. I'm not sure why they did it that way, but I'm not complaining.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Like the show a lot, but I must have missed something because where was Catherine all season? I saw her in the finale but was that her only appearance all year?

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Watched it regularly until they moved it to Friday. Kinda lost interest with all the far-flung journeys to N. Korea, etc.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Last season, they had an episode where Catherine and McGarrett went to Afghanistan to find a kidnapped boy who was an acquaintance of Catherine's (backstory was the boy's family rescued and harbored her when she was injured during her Afghan deployment). They couldn't find the boy, and McGarrett was captured by the terrorists before being rescued by Danno and a team of Navy SEALS. McGarrett was sent him alone, and got a call from Catherine, who said she was staying in Afghanistan until she could find the boy. In an episode this season, Steve revealed that Catherine had taken a teaching job in an Afghan school and told McGarrett to go on with his life.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And yes, I've been watching H50 regularly since it started, but I'm starting to think they might want to do the upcoming season six and call it a day. I've liked that it's more of a throwback cop show, with a lot of action outside the somewhat-dry procedurals that seem to be the norm these days. But, some of the plots have been getting a little more ridiculous (like the side trips to Colombia and Afghanistan), and I thought the end to the Wo Fat saga was a bit anticlimactic.

As it is, it looks like their setting up Chin's former brother-in-law as the main villain for Season 6, so maybe it'll be a little more grounded.

Draft saved Draft deleted