1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Motorcycle riders died doing what they love, says newspaper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That seems crazy to me. I can see riding between lanes if cars are stopped or popping between lanes so you aren't at the end of a group of stopped vehicles, but that is much different than zipping between cars going 50 while you are going 60.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

But don't take your Spyder around those 1-percenters!

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's not funny.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Me too. I only have a small art collection but I've been working on a book about it for years.

The perfect end? I finish the last sentence and then drop dead of complete fulfilment.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

California is about to make this legal because it's perfectly safe (wink-wink). I don't know if there's a helmet law there; might as well really compound the mess at accident scenes.

Ace likes this.
  7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

What if you throw in an "ironically?" Does that make it better?

"Ironically, Moments Before They Died Horribly, Bike Riders Were Doing What They Loved"

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Sorry for the major excavation but this thread reminded me of this (since edited) lead from a sister paper:

EAST BUMBLEFUCK -- (Joe Smith) was in the hearts and minds of hundreds of people celebrating his life Monday night at (City) Park.
    (Smith) could not attend the gathering, as he was found deceased Thursday.

See JUSTICE, page A5.

For the record, (Smith) was stabbed repeatedly and beaten to within an inch of his life, then taken to a local mine pit and set on fire.
    [​IMG]

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He'd a made it if they hadn't set him on fire.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let me guess: Digital First paper?

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nope.

Draft saved Draft deleted