1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prison Ecape: Matt shot dead by police, manhunt now on for Sweat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 26, 2015.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

With all the Big Brother cameras in NYC, I wouldn't consider it easier to disappear there.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If they were going to run for the border anyway, how about the foreign country that was, like, 20 miles away from the prison they broke out of?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Because LaBatt's sucks.

JC, murphyc and amraeder like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

At least make your time out of the klink memorable.

They should have found a boat and hoes.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Minnesota is a long way from upstate New York.

Liut likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You would think, but every guard on that border is probably on the lookout for them and likely would extradite them in a second if they caught them in Canada.
    If you can break containment, so to speak, and get on the road to Mexico, the crossing is probably easier and extradition a bit tougher. Kind of like taking the longer, safer way instead of the dangerous shortcut. Of course, the plan goes to hell once you can't get out of New York. Next thing you know, you're seeing stuff like this:

7. Riptide

That was enough for Quaid. He high-tailed it to Canuckistan instead.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I guess the lesson to be learned here is if you're a murderer and you're gonna' break out, don't pick another murderer as your partner. Find some asshole who can at least hotwire a car.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

These guys spent years on the escape plan and like seconds on what they'd do when they got out of that manhole. But they didn't do all that badly, three weeks is a pretty long time to spend roughing it in the Adirondacks. Tip to wannabe prison escapees. Spend some of your planning time memorizing the Boy Scout Handbook for your future outdoor life.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

“They would kill Mitchell’s husband and then get in the car and drive to Mexico on the theory that Mitchell was in love with one or both of them, and then they would go live happily ever after, which is a fairy tale that I wasn’t read as a child,” the governor said.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I talked to a friend of mine who grew up around that area, and she said the forest is so dense that it's entirely possible they were trying to get to Canada on foot and got lost and spun around a few times and ended up just going in circles.

You'd think, with the acumen it took to break out in the first place, that might've occurred to one of them prior to getting out.

12. Riptide

Jiggery pokery!

Draft saved Draft deleted