1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charleston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are 330 million people living in this country. Some of them are paranoid nutcases. And in 2015, they have access to YouTube.

Why this continues to get under your skin to the degree it does, I don't understand.

Tarheel316 and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They're attacking ordinary, private citizens who should be off limits.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They don't think that they are attacking "ordinary, private citizens who should be off limits." They think they are attacking actors in a hoax.

4. Smallpotatoes

Doesn't matter what they think. And if they really think that, they need to be locked up.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I suggest you give a bit more thought to the words you just typed. You really think they should be locked up because of what they "think"?

franticscribe and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A ball bat across the skull would probably reorient their "thinking."

7. Smallpotatoes

They're not harmless. How would you like it if somebody accused you of being an actor if your mother was killed?
    By definition, the person who made this video is mentally ill.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You did not answer my question. Do you think people should be jailed in this country because of what they think?

But to answer your question. I would not like it. But if it was coming from just some random loon posting on youtube I think I'd be able to place it in perspective and understand that I can't account for the thoughts of every random idiot in a world with billions of people, and certainly would not expect the Govt to arrest/lock him up for it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Down here in Redneckistan, the yokels have taken to flying the battle flag on the backs of their pickup trucks. Saturday night, a bunch of them paraded through town honking and yelling at people of color. They made a point of driving over to the main drag where all the taco trucks and egg roll trucks set up to feed bar hoppers and peppered them with racial slurs. Obviously, their heritage is hate.

10. Smallpotatoes

Not in jail. Committed to a mental institution.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My head hurts after watching that. The only reason I'm responding is to correct -or qualify - this statement. The relatives become public figures when they give interviews to the media, as these folks did.

Just because someone is a public figure doesn't mean you can say anything you want about them. They certainly don't deserve to be the object of some nutcase's ire, but they are public figures, at least as it relates to their mother's death.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The conspiracy theory idiots are banking on the assumption the victim families are too distraught, shell-shocked or genuinely forgiving to react with anything but acceptance. At some point their luck will run out and they'll get flattened -- or worse -- by some bitter and furious survivor who isn't going to stand there and take their shit.

In particular, I'm surprised and a little disappointed none of the Sandy Hook truthers have eaten a bullet yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted