1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Backstorysports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MarkRSelig, Jun 29, 2015.

1. MarkRSelig

MarkRSelig New Member

Hey everybody,

This is Mark Selig, a frequent visitor but infrequent poster on these boards.

Because this is a hub for people who really care about journalism, I wanted to let you all know about my new blog, Backstory.

It's a place where I spotlight notable, contemporary work in sports journalism.

Thus far Bob Ryan, Lee Jenkins and John Branch — among others — have spoken to me about the craft of their work. Check out what they had to say and let me know if you have any ways to improve the site!

Drop an email (markrselig@gmail.com) or find me on Twitter (@MarkRSelig).

Thanks

-Mark
    Backstory | Discussing the stories behind the story

jimluttrell1963 likes this.
  2. I'll never tire of hearing Bob Ryan talk about the profession.

But if he had the pick of the lot, he'd cover the Yankees? Really? In 2015? There are so many cities and teams with better, and more bountiful, storylines.

Nonetheless, I sit here thinking for a minute ... As a fan of all four major sports leagues ... And, as a non-Yankee fan, I find myself reading far more Yankees writers than any other reporters from a team I am not a fan of. Guess he has a point.

3. MarkRSelig

MarkRSelig New Member

I was caught off guard by that response, too. But there's never a shortage of drama there.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Looks like a good place to poke around, and seems like it's off to a very good start. Thanks for sharing Mark and good luck with it.

5. MarkRSelig

MarkRSelig New Member

Thanks, BDC. I've got a couple more interesting guests lined up and hoping many more will follow.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Fine, Mark. You can stop begging. I'll grant you access for an interview. But I only want to talk about Dolph Lundgren's career post Rocky IV. Any other topics are prohibited.

jimluttrell1963 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted