1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Starts next week, if anyone still watches. I kinda bailed on last season, but producers promise (all together now) "It'll be the biggest Big Brother EVER!"

Anyway, meet the cast, including a transgender houseguest for the first time:

Meet The New Cast Of Big Brother - Big Brother Photos - CBS.com

A few thoughts:
    • Of course, there's the obligatory gay guy
    • And CBS casting apparently still can't find black people to play. Another lilly-white group, with one black chick and an Asian dude.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The gay guy was easier to spot than the transgender.
    Three houseguests from Georgia? That should be interesting.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Early look. ... I haven't looked at all of them yet, but I am intrigued by Vanessa. High-level professional poker player.

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Every season I swear I am not going to watch and every season I get sucked in. I expect the same to happen this summer.

5. The Big Ragu

Surprised no updates. I actually missed the first two episodes, but caught up yesterday.

I like the new group so far. Even the annoying people will be fun to watch -- except for Meg maybe, who is going to be VERY annoying. Jace has put a huge target on his back and I think he will go early in the game. Austin has a natural target on his back, but I am hoping he sticks around. I like James, but winning the first HoH is never a good game move. He is going to be on radar screens as a threat.

I don't think Audrey is going to last. They will tiptoe around her a bit, but ultimately she will be a goner.

Vanessa has to be the odds on favorite to win, but it is too easy of a pick. Clay will stay around a while, because everyone is going to like him and he is not going to do anything to annoy people. He is making a mistake with Sheli, though.

DaVonne personally annoys me. But I can't tell if she will play it too hard early and get evicted, or if she actually has game. I think she will overplay her hand too early.

I can't figure out John the dentist. I think he has zero game, though.

In any case, if I was placing odds so far, I'd go with something like this:

1) Clay
    2) Vanessa
    3) Austin
    4) Liz
    5) James
    6) Steve
    7) Jeff from the Amazing Race
    8) Sheli
    9) Jason
    10) Jackie from the Amazing Race

6. Killick

I think Jason's trying a little too hard to be the BB Gay Guy. And you're right, I think, about Vanessa. Right after they got the news that she and Davonne could spare another player each, she went right into game mode and made a wise decision.

On a hormonal note, I'm really digging Rebecca, the girl from Colorado. She has a sorta Hillary Swank thing going on, but I like it.

Who do you think has a twin?

7. Killick

Oh, and Davonne will implode sooner or later under the heading of "keeping it real!" Too soon to set up an alliance, and already trashing an alliance member. I give her three weeks.

8. The Big Ragu

It is Liz. The fan sites have already given it away. Apparently her twin slipped up yesterday in a conversation with Austin yesterday and referred to "Liz" as someone else. From what it said, Austin didn't miss a beat, so he may be pretty slick.

I agree with you about Rebecca. She is very pretty.

9. Killick

Liz? That's the catty (at least in intro with "I'm so pretty" BS) blonde with the deep voice, right?

10. Killick

BTW: Quote of the year via Hamsterwatch...

James: We're the Brady Bunch during the day and the Manson family by night.

11. Killick

Well, that was no surprise... Jace was a douche.

12. Killick

I am Nostradamus. KEEPIN' IT REAL, YO!

Draft saved Draft deleted