1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

DVR'd both, but haven't yet watched. Both look good.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Brilliant!

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Close.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Tonight was the series finale for Nurse Jackie, some really great work by Edie Falco.

Kind of a complete bummer for a series ender (does Jackie die or not?), but probably an appropriate ending. This was not a series meant for a happy ending.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I tried to watch Celebrity Family Feud last night with my 9 year old, but we had to shut it off because the content was too adult. For a show on a 7-9 p.m., most of the categories somehow touched on sex. I'm far from a prude, but that was ridiculous.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you going to reveal the show's premise?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've definitely gone to some more adult themes under Steve Harvey. Some are hilarious but the days when you could watch Richard Dawson mack on a bunch of married women are long gone.

sgreenwell and KYSportsWriter like this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone watching Catastrophe on Amazon? I'm three episodes in. Pretty great comedy; better than 90% of the comedies on regular TV.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Can I confess that I still love to watch old Match Game episodes? I'm 31 by the way, so the show basically has never had original episodes during my lifetime. (Non-Rayburn episodes don't count.) Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly and Richard Dawson are delightful, along with the rotating stars like Steve Allen, Betty White, Fanny, and so on.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I haven't watched in 25-plus years, but I loved the show when I was a kid and had gotten my daughter excited to watch. I was just surprised that they didn't dance around the R rated stuff from time to time, but instead it was just inappropriate for what used to be called family hour.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering the success of the "new" FF - I'm really surprised a Match Game reboot hasn't come around.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They tried revivals in the 1980s and 1990s and they failed, I believe. It's tougher than you'd think - If you look at the credits for most of the panelists, they had legit talents and chops. Richard Dawson hosted a bunch of other shows for years and years, and he was essentially the third or fourth lead on that show (with Rayburn, Somers and CNR). Most of it seemed like off-the-cuff improv (and drunken inspiration, of course).

Draft saved Draft deleted