1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I. Love. Match. Game. There are a bunch of episodes on YouTube (I like this channel) and I'll occasionally watch for background noise if my music has gotten boring at work.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

tell your graphics dept. that it's "Menendez Bros." stet "Mendez"

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

High five! There is also a "best of" DVD set, three discs, which I absolutely have. But even then, it's only about 30 episodes. The show's run is one of the few things that has not been fully pirated on the Internets. (Like you can find sites that offer every Legends of the Hidden Temple and Guts episode, but not so much classic game shows.)

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"Mr. Robot" on USA network. Delightfully strange. You'll thank me.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've recorded the first two but haven't watched yet. Looks really interesting.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't know how much of a comeback Christian Slater can make on a USA series, but he's off to a nice start.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've got a 30-day trial for Showtime via Apple TV. I think it's via Hulu Plus, too. Then it's $10 a month.

Any good Showtime shows? I like Liev Schrieber, so I'll check out "Ray Donovan." What do you guys like?

I have HBO now, but other than "True Detective" and the movie selection, I'm not watching much for the $15 a month.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Big fan of Ray Donovan. Showtime released the season premier a week or so early. Watched it last week. Pretty pumped to see that Al Swearengen has joined the cast. I watched the first couple of seasons of Masters of Sex, then skipped last season. Might pick that back up again.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Homeland was awesome in season 1, awesome in the first half of season2, different for the second half and reinvented itself last season. All worth a watch.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Masters of Sex is incredibly well-reviewed, but given the content matter, it's obviously not everyone's cup of tea. (Not so much the sex part, more the fact that it's about doctors and what not trying to find out how things work Back in the Day.) Spike's mini-review of Homeland also gels with the popular perception, although it is more "so bad it's good" for some people now. (The Affair is apparently this as well, just for its whole run.) Penny Dreadful is well-reviewed, but I don't think anyone watches it. Shameless, Episodes and House of Lies all have their fans, but they generally trail behind the recent HBO comedies (Veep, Silicon Valley).

Do you get access to a back archive of any sort? There is some good stuff in that - Brotherhood, Outer Limits, Stargate SG-1, Nurse Jackie, It's Garry Shandling's Show, United States of Tara, Weeds.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So is the second season of Leftovers going to have a new cast and everything, kinda like True Detective? I saw a teaser for it last night, and it looked like it was switching locations to some small town in Texas. Population: 9,000. Disappearances (or whatever they call it): 0.

Draft saved Draft deleted