1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone can come in with an adult. They have to be 17 to buy a ticket and attend alone.

We may have had a thread on this, but I've been appalled when people have brought toddlers and other youngsters to violent, sex-filled movies.

I can imagine trying to explain to an 8-year-old why a teddy bear is smoking marijuana and dropping F-bombs.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This could be its very own, HOF-worthy #SJParenting thread.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I mentioned this before on another thread, but the worst example I saw was when I was walking out after watching "The Expendables" (the first one), and a couple coming up the aisle with a daughter who couldn't have been any older than 9.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When I watch the Avengers, Ultron, I was actually forced to move my seat because of idiots around me. A Dad brought his kid in and for some reason decided to sit next to me in the middle of the movie. The kid was about three and it turned into a running fucking dialogue of why Hulk an Ironman are fighting and who was the girl. I'm fine with that going on in the back row but I sit front and center. Idiot number two was the mom decided to check Facebook for about a half hour on her ultrabright HTC extra size about two rows in front of me.

This is nowhere near as bad as reacher's tory but it shows some piss poor etiquette in a movie theater

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Spy yesterday. That movie is a lot of fun. I'm starting to believe that Melissa McCarthy is one of the most fearless actresses going.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

McCarthy: Overexposed.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I thought it was terrible and do not understand the glowing reviews. I'm just glad I saw it for free a month before it was released.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

I revisited for the How Did This Get Made? podcast.

Go ninja go ninja go!

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have been to movie theaters where no one is allowed into an R-rated movie who is under 17 past 8 p.m.

My parents didn't take me to an R-rated movie ever. The first R-rated movie I saw in theaters, I was already 17. I do remember cringing through a showing of the Ray Charles biopic with Jamie Foxx. The parent in front of me brought his small child (had to have been under 5) and had to explain what all of the drug and sex references were in it. During the movie.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It could've been a mistake on their part. Not really knowing much about the movie and going with, "Oh good. A story about a magical talking bear and his best friend..."

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nolan overdoes almost every movie he touches. This was no exception.

Nolan thinks he gives you this...

[​IMG]

but instead gives you this...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted