1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'15 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by amraeder, Jun 25, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Greg Monroe, who I assume was being courted by all the heavy hitters, signs a max deal with.......the Bucks?

Monroe-The Greek Freak-Parker-Middleton-MCW.....there are certainly far worse teams in the league. Not bad.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If spending $50 million now gets the new owners the $250 million they want from taxpayers for a new arena, it all works out.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Good thing the Kings cleared that cap space so Monta Ellis could sign with the Pacers.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Rajon Rondo is still out there!

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Definition of an NBA coach's nightmare: a team built around Boogie Cousins and Rajon Rondo as its two centerpieces. Good luck with that, George Karl.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Using blue font to discuss the Kings is ill-advised because they are quite capable of doing it. I think Rondo is thier target.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

Per ESPN and other places, DeAndre Jordan is signing with the Mavs, four-year max deal. (Not sure if there is a player option involved or not.) Big blow for the Clippers, who are maxed out without him re-signing and now don't have a way to get any better outside of some sort of trade. And also, Doc traded Spencer Hawes earlier this offseason for Lance Stephenson, and then also signed Paul Pierce. It's good news for Dallas, obviously, although I think this probably just gets them solidly in the playoff race, as opposed to making them a true contender for a title. (Also, the West is friggin' nuts and scary competitive.)

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The West might be competitive 2 through 8. But the Warriors have everybody coming back and seem resigned to paying a massive luxury tax if they can't get rid of David Lee. So OKC could be a contender if Durant and Westbrook are both healthy, but that's about it other than Golden State.

9. sgreenwell

I dunno - The Spurs are pretty scary to me, with or without Aldridge. They got eliminated by the Clippers, before that team's issue (lack of depth) could really undermine them in the next round. Obviously, the East is way weaker, but teams over there have a much greater margin of error. The Cavs lost their third best player (Love), and had a hobbled second best (Irving), and still made the finals out of the East.

10. sgreenwell

Wesley Matthews to Dallas also on a four-year, $60M deal. Rondo to the Kings for one year, $9.5M.

11. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

As a normal guy who ruptures his Achilles in my very early 30's; that took a long time (18mod) before I could jump again. I'd be amazed if he was full speed at start of season.

12. sgreenwell

I think either Zach Lowe or Chad Ford said as much on a podcast last week. That essentially, it's like one of those "after Tommy John surgery" contracts MLB pitchers sign - you're paying him to rehab and hopefully getting a discount as the contract matures.

Draft saved Draft deleted