1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Only my daughter, the hockey fanatic, would have caught this. It's a State Farm Insurance commercial based on "Inside Out" characters (no, I had no idea what that was). Kid skates in, scores on the goalie, who flops on the ice trying to make the save. My kid showed us this and stopped the video with the goalie on the ice and she points out that he's holding his stick with his catching glove.

state farm commercials inside out - - Yahoo Search Results

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I actually find that one entertaining. I like her bitchy attitude and the sudden spurt of mustard when her ketchup buddy gives her that condescending slap on the shoulders. It's weirdly absurd.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I like this one too. But I always wonder why mustard squirts out if her cap is closed! :)

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind it, it's just that one part that is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate the Exparian FICA score commercials. Apparently, if you get a score of around 800, you have a license to be a complete asshole/bitch.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I saw this commercial tonight and I wanted the dude selling them the RV to SLAP THE EVERLOVING SHIT out of the couple.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just sought out this thread to specifically rip on that commercial, which I have now seen 740,214 times.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If you hated the commercial, then you might enjoy this ...

old_tony and Batman like this.
  9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I need fans put up. I need lights put up. Who's going to do all that?"

I am waiting for her to ask who is going to change out the toilet paper.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Always wondered who the fuck her husband is. He at least should have a friend or two who could do some of it if he can't.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

M-m-m-m-m-mmmeat! Meat! Meat! A ha ha! Meat!

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I love how the scorebox on a "Major League" broadcast has "LB vs. SB." So, yeah, girls of the US, there will eventually be a female pitcher in the bigs, but its not going to happen until MLB has teams in Long Beach and Santa Barbara.

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted