1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soccer, Golf & Motor Sports Writers Needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Jaime Eisner, May 19, 2015.

1. Jaime Eisner

Jaime Eisner New Member

FanRag Sports is looking to add writers with the ability to cover Soccer (MLS, European Leagues & others), Golf (PGA and LPGA) or Motor Sports (Nascar, Indy Car, F1, NHRA, etc.).

Writers need to be self-motivated and have the ability to generate story ideas. Some experience writing about the sports listed above is needed (personal blog is fine). Number of stories per week will be discussed on a case by case basis, but writers will have the ability to set their weekly schedule as long as it's consistent week to week. Word count is expected to be around 600 words.

We pay a flat rate of $10 per story. Writers submit invoices on the 1st and 16th of every month and are paid via PayPal or Venmo.

If you are interested, please email your resume, writing samples (links are preferred) and area of interest to Jaime[at]Fanragsports.com.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. JLH8412

JLH8412 New Member

Confirming that is $10 per 600-word story?

3. Scribe60618

Scribe60618 New Member

Comical ...

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

"Man, that was really good. I'd have paid $12-15 for that story."

5. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

I got $15 a game for scoring a baseball tournament for my friend's rec league. Also had a tab at the concession stand. Just sayin.

6. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

Get Lost

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

This has got to be a ruse. Either that or they think there are thousands of sportswriter wannabes willing to work in a sweat shop to make Mickey D's lunch money. Then again, maybe there are.

8. clutchcargo

Maybe they hire you and six months later they fire you, to cut staff and expenses. Just like the real world.

9. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

Jaime, can you make it $11? That was my baseball number in high school. Or is that just ridiculous?

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

And they're paying you by Paypal, so it's probably closer to $9 a story ...

11. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Has fanrag hired any full timers? Can you imagine writing a story for 10 whole bucks? I guess if its MLS or a golf tourney you'd get the free media food as well. Maybe not a parking pass though. I doubt fanrag pays expenses like parking.

12. clutchcargo

"Writers to be self-motivated." What other kinds of "motivated" are there in this profession anyway?

Draft saved Draft deleted