1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula, OH Sports Editor arrested

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin Biebler, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

True. Probably has nothing to lose if he's looking at 15-20 years in the pen.

2. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So what's his handle here? I think the no outing ceases when you're a pedophile.

Tarheel316 and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Doc Holliday

Yeah, I'd like to know too, just so I could look at his post history and see what his interests besides minor-aged girls were.

5. Doc Holliday

Any update on this? Did he actually get a plea deal or is headed to trial?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  6. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Nothing new that I've heard since the civil suit.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I remember talking to him about a job opening at his paper five or six years ago, a job that @amraeder got, but I don't think that handle is still around.

8. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

I've been told a trial date of Nov. 17 has been set.

9. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

And verified.

McCormack trial date set

10. Doc Holliday

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  11. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

The statements he made were ruled to be admissible. Not sure if that changes the defense strategy or if it means a plea deal is coming. Was told by someone there was no way he'd take a deal, but that was before the ruling and my guess is that his statements do not help his case. I hope this all doesn't mean another delay in the case.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A favorite coach story involved a local legend girls coach, who was well known for banging his players and winning state titles.

He was, and probably still is, in the top 10 for all-time wins in that state and his wife, who had always looked the other way, finally had enough and they get divorced.

He marries one of his former players, who he had a sexual relationship when she played for him and he took a shine to one of his current players, who also happened to be the daughter of another of his former players and finally his wife sat him down and told him he couldn't fuck the high school player because, wait for it, if you hadn't already guessed, the high school player was also his daughter.

It was extremely fucked up and as far as I know he's still coaching.

Draft saved Draft deleted