1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Page Designer - Cheyenne, WY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 2, 2015.

1. MacDaddyXXL

MacDaddyXXL New Member

Not sure why someone would spread a rumor like GateHouse without facts. It is not GateHouse.

2. donjulio15

donjulio15 Member

Some things take a life of their own ... I knew of the sale, but hadn't been informed of the buyer. A few weeks back, after chatter had built, I was assured that is was NOT JailHouse.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who the new buyer is? I did a search and I did not see anything other than the buyer last fall for the Worland paper.

4. TC

TC New Member

I'm the person who left this position to take over for Scott Nulph at the Boomerang. I was only in Cheyenne for a few months and planned to be much longer, but the opportunity to write again and cover college athletics was a little more in-line with my interests.

I enjoyed being on the desk at the Tribune Eagle and learned quite a bit about design. There is a lot of room for creativity on the sports pages and the staff and management are helpful in their assistance and critiques.

If you're interested in the position and have questions, shoot me an email at chapmatp@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Tim

5. Bump. Still looking. Of the millions of college grads disgorged into the job market in May, one of you has to know how to design newspaper pages and want to live in the West.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You really think there's still millions who choose to major in journalism?

7. donjulio15

donjulio15 Member

Note he did not specify j-grads ...

8. Precisely. Not every university has a journalism program, but nearly every one has a student newspaper with people who might want to do this for a living. Always apply if interested.

9. donjulio15

donjulio15 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted