1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former CNN anchor gets in shootout, one dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 2, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

With every Vombatus post, I realize how hard good comedy is.

poindexter, Stoney and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, and that went over my head. Not sure if that was a compliment or not! Oh well...

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. donjulio15

donjulio15 Member

mclaughlin copy.jpg
    Brian Williams was there! He was in the adjacent room and had Internet filing problems! Buh-bye!

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Motel 6 is my venue of choice when traveling. Why? Because it's cheap and I ain't looking for a resort for an overnight sleep stop.

That being said, unless her hubby is the size of an eight-year-old, those Motel 6 bath "towels" aren't covering much.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Skyy Barr and His Slave was the original title for 12 Years a Slave.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Two things:

1. That story about the robbery was well-written and about 1,000 times better than the original. Gave what seemed to be a believable account (and didn't have all the B-movie dialogue).

2. Skyy Barrs sounds like an expensive place to have a drink at the airport.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Skyy Barrs sounds like a super hot female bartender that I would like to do body shots off of.

Update: So, before posting the above, I decided to check the link in the recent post. And sure enough, Skyy Barrs is a guy. WTF?

10. YankeeFan

People are worried about flags, but no one denounces the modern day slavery still alive in America!

Why? Because the slave owner is black!!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably in a union too.

12. YankeeFan

If he is, he's probably sitting in the Union Hall every day, while the white guys get the work. It's the kind of thing that could lead to a career of armed robbery.

donjulio15 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted