1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With gay marriage decided, what will be the next big left-led social change?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't care. You are the one pushing the attack here and you know it. To be fair, it is not by yourself. You've got plenty of help dragging this thing down the political rabbit hole.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. What happened then? Did the Dems finally disown the racists in their party? Can you point me to where/when this happened?

As for the electoral map, Reagan won in a landslide -- including winning in the South -- because Jimmy Carter was the worst President in modern times, but in 1976, the completely, totally, un-racist dems somehow swept the south:

[​IMG]

3. YankeeFan

Don't ever change.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You either. What would this site be like without political fanboys?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Someone give oop a cup of Alice's tea. Would really relax the dude.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Lying politician is a liar. Other lying politician is also a liar.

I'd estimate a wishy washy non-apology is about the best you can expect from 99 percent of politicians, regardless of political stripes.

None of them care about us. Because they're not us. They're people of privilege who laugh at us when they're not pandering for us to keep them in power.

Tear up the front.

Fly likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Just say you were wrong.

Don't try to make a point, proving that I was wrong, and the try to minimize the whole thing when I point it out.

8. YankeeFan

Hey Baron, let's take another look at the 1980 election.

Why don't you tell me who was the Democratic nominee for the Senate from Georgia in 1980?

Anything interesting about him?

What finally got him out of the Senate? Did the Dems throw him out of the party?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think the only way one would regret joining the KKK is because he/she regrets participating in organized racism, I.E., the sole reason the KKK exists.

That Byrd, and then Clinton, would spin and lie about it later is perhaps the least shocking thing in history.

Those two opinions are not in conflict with each other. They can both be right.

10. YankeeFan

You might think that because racism horrifies you. Of course you would regret it if you had ever joined a racist organization.

Is that why Robert Byrd regretted it? He never said so. And, since he constantly minimized the racist nature of the Klan, and his involvement with it, I see no reason to believe that is why he regretted it.

He regretted it because he was embarrassed by his association with it, because it was used against him; because it damaged his legacy; and because he knew it would be mentioned in every obituary of him.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Let's just move on from the partisan sniping and sum up with this ...

1. Anything good that's ever happened can be attributed to something a PPTSRN* did.
    2. Anything bad that's ever happened can be attributed to something another PPTSRN did (or failed to prevent).
    3. Nothing good ever came about without the government getting involved.
    4. Nothing bad ever resulted from the government getting involved.

Surely we can all agree on these.

*Political Party That Shall Remain Nameless

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When do we get a letter from the government that says they were suckers?

Draft saved Draft deleted