1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communications Assistant - US Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SpeedTchr, Jul 7, 2015.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Communications Assistant -- USTFCCCA
    Organization: USTFCCCA
    Date Posted: 7/7/2015
    City: New Orleans
    Primary Category: National Office
    Type of Position: Full-Time
    Description & Details
    USTFCCCA Communications Assistant

Full-time position.

Desired starting date: Immediately.

Job Description:

Responsible for assisting external communications and production of multimedia content as part of the growing outreach efforts of the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).

Responsibilities:

Primary duties will include, but are not limited to: writing and publishing press releases; producing video and/or audio content for use on the Association’s website, social media platforms, for use at the Association’s annual convention, and for additional special productions. In addition, duties will also include maintaining of the Association’s website and maintaining relationships with the membership and sports information directors.

Education:

Attained or pursuing degrees within the fields of communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, video production, and/or sports management and/or prior experience in the communications and/or productions field.

Requirements:

· Proven written communications background and knowledge of AP style writing.

· A working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and/or Javascript.

· Adaptable to and/or extensive experience with the Adobe Suite (i.e., PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, etc.)

· Proper use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) for business purposes.

· Must be able to work within a team and hit deadlines yet have self-motivation to work independently and innovate.

· A creative and enthusiastic mindset that will benefit the advancement of track & field and cross country.

Additional Desired Qualifications:

· Previous experience (i.e., as an athlete, coach, official, communications officer, reporter) in the sports of track & field and/or cross country

· Experience with video-editing software (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.) and audio-editing software (i.e. Sony Sound Forge, GarageBand, Audacity, etc.)

· Experience operating a video camera and audio-recording equipment.

· Experience with action sports still photography.

Compensation:

· Starting salary: $36,000 plus benefits

· Send Resumé/CV and any multimedia and writing samples to
    Tom Lewis, Director of Media, Broadcasting, and Analytics, at tom@ustfccca.org.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Aw, man, I haven't covered track in more than a decade - and my clippings were lost to time. I'm still applying, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted