1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

YF, how come so many of your fellow Republicans are turning your back on the front runner in your party? He seems like a real straight shooter. Your people love that shit.

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

More importantly, does Cohen only use his home bowl?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump loves America, he, like his party, hates most Americans

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

since Cohen is a Trump-boi and everything that Trump touches turns to gold, I would expect that Cohen likes Golden showers

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

According to the latest poll in New Hampshire, Trump is at 24%, a clear twelve points over anyone else.

I'm sure Republican primary voters won't remember this come February but it's been a wonderful, crazy summer fling for them.

(Real Clear Politics latest polls: RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls)

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Republicans are as entitled to be as bored with the current crop of career pols as the rest of us.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump was also one of the front runners in April 2011:

Donald Trump is now tied with Mike Huckabee for first place when Republicans are asked who they support for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012, according to a new national poll. But while a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday indicates that the real estate mogul and reality TV star has nearly doubled his support since mid-March, it doesn't mean he has smooth sailing ahead.

CNN Poll: Trump tied for first in GOP horserace – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

People like that he speaks his mind. He comes across as unscripted and authentic.

And they like that he's an outsider, fighting the system.

Bernie Sanders has much of the same appeal to Democratic primary voters, and is actually polling higher than Trump in most polls.

They'll both likely fall in the polls as their actual positions become known.

But, we shouldn't be surprised when a guy with huge name recognition, and tons of free press -- and the willingness to go on just about any show, any time, which most career/scripted politicians are terrified to do -- is near the top of the polls this early.

A lot of the support guys like Trump and Sanders receive in early polls isn't so much based on their positions. It's a protest of sorts. It's a signal to the other candidates regarding the traits they want to see in a candidate.

Can Bush, Walker, Rubio, or Cruz come across as authentic, as unscripted, as tough? Can Hillary?

Alma likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Cruz certainly can, but he comes off like Kent from Real Genius.

I'll stick by my assertion that Scott Walker strikes me as dim and unimpressive. Sounds like a legion baseball coach, and I've known a few. I mean, you put him and Paul Ryan side by side, and you know who the smart one is.

Bush can and does.

Rubio...we'll see. He talks fast and stumbles over his words.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"Forget to check your optics, Trump?"

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think Rubio is going to be in the running for someone's VP pick.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Nah, Kasich has that in a leg lock if Jeb wins the nomination. The Republicans HAVE to win Ohio. Florida would be covered already. Now if Walker or someone else tops the ticket, Rubio will definitely be on a very short list.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is there any chance in hell that is Trump is the choice that he pulls either New York or New Jersey?

I don't see anyone other than Jeb Bush having a real chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.