1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Are those outraged enough about Seau tear up their Brady and Roethlisberger posters, yet?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wanna try that again?

I'm not sure about outraged. I disagree with the decision. I think it is gutless, tone deaf and inappropriate and the league deserves to be criticized for it, but I'm used to such actions by the NFL under Goodell. I don't think I'm angry enough to say outraged. Disgusted would be a better word.

I'm not sure who you are talking about with the posters. I haven't had a poster on my wall since before I was a teenager and that was a long time ago. My daughter did ask about getting a Roethlisberger jersey once, but I shut that down quickly. No way would I allow that, not with his history.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Biggest victory of their season.

6. Mr. Sunshine

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Balls really needed to be the subhead to the Jones story.

Actually, surgery not done to his face is real news.

9. Mr. Sunshine

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Richardson is lucky 1. He didn't hurt or kill anyone and 2. He didn't get himself shot.

11. amraeder

Per @SI_PeterKing, QB Russell Wilson has agreed to a 4-year, $87.6-million extension w/the #Seahawks. #NFL

Be interesting to see what the details are. Personally, I was hoping for him to reach free agency just to see what the craziness around that would have been like. Sigh... (Obviously, Seattle would have been dumb to let that happen).

12. amraeder

Sounds like $60m in guarantees, including $31m signing bonus, per Peter King. If he plays out the contract, he'd hit free agency again at 30, which, if he stays healthy, is poised to be another big payday.

Draft saved Draft deleted