1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Paid Sports Writing - All Sports Available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Tommy Stokke, May 11, 2015.

1. Tommy Stokke

Tommy Stokke New Member

FanRag Sports - Your Source For Sports and it's network of sites are looking to add great content for NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, college sports, MMA, boxing, WWE and everything in between.

Our sites:

TodaysFastbreak.com - NBA
    TodaysKnuckleball.com - MLB
    TodaysPigskin.com - NFL
    TodaysU.com - College Sports
    TodaysKnockout.com - Combat sports (MMA, boxing, WWE, health and fitness)
    TodaysSlapshot.com - NHL

We have soccer coverage as well and are open to adding to other sports at FanRagSports.com. Every writer on our site is paid for their work, per story.

Availability on weekends is a definite plus. Work load is dependent on what your availability is, but there are deadlines and we need consistency. No writing experience required, but we are looking to add solid writing. It's a competitive field.

If interested, please inquire by sending a resume and writing samples to stokke@fanrag.com.

2. How much are you willing to pay per story?

3. Tommy Stokke

Tommy Stokke New Member

Please email me with a resume and writing samples and we can talk about that.

4. Revenue sharing most likely. Pass.

5. Tommy Stokke

Tommy Stokke New Member

It's not revenue sharing. Every single writer at FanRag Sports is paid a competitive flat-fee per story regardless if it gets one read or 100,000 reads.

6. Florida_Man

Florida_Man Member

And that flat fee is?

7. Tommy Stokke

Tommy Stokke New Member

Again, please reach out via email with resumes and writing samples if interested and we will get into more details then. Thanks for all of your interest. We are looking forward to bringing great writers aboard.

8. Brandon Biskobing

Brandon Biskobing New Member

I sent you an email yesterday and haven't gotten a response back yet

9. With how secretive you are, can't imagine it's much.

10. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

I also sent an email with three or four clips and a resume. Hopefully, it wasn't a complete waste of my efforts.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Site filling an underserved market. I'm sure it will be a success.

12. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

No response in two weeks, guess they don't want to follow through or they figure I might want more money than they are willing to pay. Nah, probably not serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted