1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Diego State football beat writer, San Diego Union-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Larry Graham, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

The San Diego Union-Tribune is searching for a San Diego State University football beat writer.
    Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:

• Breaking news on the beat.
    • Daily features and notebooks.
    • Regular engagement with your audience through social media. Familiarity with SEO practices and strategies.
    • The ability to work closely with another reporter.
    • Ability to write periodical long-form features and be part of our projects team.

College beat reporter experience at a daily newspaper is preferred, but we'll definitely consider a strong preps writer.
    If interested, please send a resume and 3-5 writing samples to larry.graham@sduniontribune.com, with ‘Aztecs beat writer’ in the subject line.
    Application deadline is July 23. No phone calls please.
    The San Diego Union-Tribune, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of its work.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Awesome city, great newspaper. I loved San Diego when I visited.

donjulio15 likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Is Stef Loh leaving?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thought I remembered seeing on Twitter that she was heading to Seattle to cover WSU/Gonzaga.

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

You are correct. That was announced last month.

6. Runner

Runner New Member

I'm wondering why this isn't listed on the SD Union Tribune web site?

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm wondering why that matters

8. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

i sent in my info in the middle of this month. heard back yesterday they got over 200 resumes and are sorting through them and they hope to "narrow down the list in the next three weeks or so."

9. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

Hey folks,
    We were pleasantly surprised with roughly 200 applicants for the job. Hopefully, I was able to respond to you all without anyone slipping through the cracks.
    For those of you still submitting resumes after the deadline, your clips will be kept on file, but will not be considered for this position. Sorry for the hard-line approach, but considering the number of applicants, I hope you all understand.
    Todd M. Adams and I will narrow down the list over the next couple of weeks.
    As usual, if you have any questions, email me. However, I likely won't respond immediately since I'm out on paternity leave.
    Cheers.

lg

10. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Congrats on fatherhood, Larry.

TGO157 likes this.
  11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Sneaky move buttering up the boss man. You're hired!!!

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If he's hired at San Diego, can I have Matt's job in Colorado? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted