1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks again, AP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

The AP listed Kris Bryant as being a Toronto Blue Jay in the home run derby agate.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He plays for some team that wears blue, so close enough.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I really disliked that HR Derby agate. I just cut it down to names and scores to make it fit on one line in a column.

4. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Anyone know how AP agate is actually put together? On Friday the Braves-Cubs box score was delayed at the source for a couple hours, yet the NL standings would keep coming over without the Braves or Cubs being updated until the box score arrived.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When that happens, so long as it's just a game or two, I'll just do the math on the winning percentages and fix the damn thing myself.

6. toivo99

toivo99 Member

40 minutes after the Rousey fight is over ... three grafs, no photos. Come on.

7. KYSportsWriter

Looking over the AP TV sked for next week, and have found a few mistakes.

They list a Premier League game as starting at 2:55 a.m. Monday; it's actually a 3 p.m. Eastern time start. And instead of clarifying whether it's Manchester United or Manchester City playing, they just list Manchester.

Sunday's MLB game between the Angels and Royals is listed as a 5 p.m. start when it's supposed to be 8.

They're usually more accurate than this with the sked.

8. KYSportsWriter

Not sure what the hell is going on, but this makes back-to-back weeks the TV sked is screwed up. AP can't make its mind whether it's supposed to 3:00 p.m. or 3 p.m., and there are several other things out of whack again this week.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

TV schedule is done by an outside vendor, I think.

10. KYSportsWriter

Either way, they need to fix it.

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

They've been absolutely brutal in expediting game stories lately. It took 90 minutes for a Cubs-Brewers optional last night.

12. JSkebba

JSkebba New Member

Sitting here at 10 p.m. still waiting for the AP to move the final round PGA Championship tee times. Golf Week Magazine had them on their website an hour ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted