1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

First off, mucus brain, I used it as a transitive verb, meaning "to slow down the development of something."

Retard | Definition of retard by Merriam-Webster

(Oh, there I go googling again, maybe you should try it some time. Try searching for your personality. I think you lost it somewhere.)

I said that "UAB's relevance to the college football landscape was retarded last fall." Meaning that its development was slowed, or, in their case, actually stopped because the program was shut down. I used the word as its verb meaning to poke fun at Neutral, who is a huge fan of the team, and had just used it with a negative connotation.

You do know that words may have two different meanings, don't you? Some words may not even mean what they appear. I bet you're real niggardly when it comes to anyone needing help, aren't you?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. Baron Scicluna

He hasn't said one positive thing about anyone or anything in the 3 weeks he's been on this board.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Run, Donald, run. /popcorn emoji

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just couldn't wait to look up words in the dictionary and try to show you belong at the grown-up table by blurting them out. The last one was a tour de force.

6. Baron Scicluna

I'm not the one who couldn't figure out the context of what another poster was saying, you were.

Oh, and I've been posting here 8 years. You've been posting here for 8 minutes. You haven't even fetched anyone any beers yet, so you don't even get to sit at the kiddie table.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron is so clueless he can't figure out who the "new" poster is.

8. Baron Scicluna

Oh, sorry, I don't have X-Ray vision to see who is behind the screen. Maybe if I sniff some coffee fumes, I'll earn that magical power.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Duh, we all know he is Les Carpenter.

I can't wait to see him and Whitlock throw down.

10. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

And those $17 an hour jobs will make some happy; some who get replaced by a self-checkout at the local Mack-Dees will not.

11. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Would retard have been better than "home for the feeble minded"...which was in play early last century?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mickey D will automate out as many jobs as it can as soon as it can. Not one day later.

Minimum wage has pretty much nothing to do with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.