1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of Point Break

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 23, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's in production and it's going to suck big-time.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033616/
    http://www.moviehole.net/200917992-walshe-howling-is-point-break-2-rogue

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I thought Dalton Bhodi really should have tried to paddle to New Zealand.

That could have set up the sequel nicely.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good lord that sounds terrible. And let the howling from Limbaugh, etc., about using the Bush administration as villains.
    Why can't they ever just let movies rest in peace as great one-shot deals?
    I'm not sure what would be worse news: this, or a remake.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just got back from a movie and caught previews for a Point Break reboot.

Had no idea it was coming, so I watched the preview thinking it seemed really familiar. At one point, I muttered out loud that it sounded like Point Break. I don't think the person sitting next to me had any idea.

The IMDB says it was "inspired by" the original and due out on Christmas.

Have absolutely no idea who the actors are.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think I posted about this on the running movie thread, but it bears repeating here. I thought this trailer looked awesome and I'd be totally into the movie if it wasn't called "Point Break."

I mean, The Fast and The Furious launched a massively successful franchise with a plot described as "Point Break with cars," so there's a model for successfully ripping off this movie. Calling it "Point Break" will lead to too many comparisons and expectations for it to really be a success. This film may draw well, and it may very well spawn a sequel based on box office receipts alone. But I think that would be the extent of its run, unlike Fast and Furious which is up to seven films, with an eighth on the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted